Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh Strategic Plan, 2013 - 2017
Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh is an anchor institution that serves the City of Pittsburgh (as the City Library), Allegheny County (as the County Library and District Library Center) and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (as a Statewide Resource Center). Throughout 2012, Library staff and board, customers and many partners collaborated through a planning process and developed a collective vision of the Library's next five years.
On Monday, October 15, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh's Board of Trustees unanimously approved that plan. The plan will be submitted to the Allegheny Regional Asset District (RAD) for final approval.
Strategic Planning Process
Consultation with library board, staff at all levels and community and other stakeholders has been an integral part of the planning process. The process was designed to have three rounds of consultation, including working sessions to identify issues, opportunities, wants and needs (Part 1), working sessions to seek feedback on different options being considered for inclusion in the next five-year plan (Part 2), and working sessions to seek feedback on the draft five-year plan (Part 3).
Input from all of these sessions is posted here.
- View the Part One PowerPoint (PDF)
- Consultation Round 1 Summary Report (April. 25)
- Stakeholder Workshop 1 (Feb. 24)
- Stakeholder Workshop 2 (Feb. 24)
- Community Workshop (Feb. 25)
- Branch Managers Working Session Summary (Feb. 9)
- Branch Managers Working Session 2 Summary (Feb. 10)
- Staff Working Session Summary (Feb. 9)
- Discussion Guide: Part One
- Part Two Integrated Summary
- Stakeholder Summary, May 4, 2012 AM Session
- Stakeholder Summary, May 4, 2012 PM Session
- Managers Summary 1
- Managers Summary 2
- Staff Summary
- Community Workshop Summary, May 2012
- View the Part Two PowerPoint (PDF)
- Discussion Guide: Part Two