Support your library with Donor Plus!
The Classic Card is a good deal for most library users. But if you're looking for a way to donate to your library and would like the benefits that come with that support, why not consider a Donor Plus card Membership? As a Donor Plus Cardholder, you can:
- Subscribe to FREE email book recommendations, customized to your interests. Our “Donor Plus Picks” readers advisory provides book recommendations in more than 20 popular fiction and non-fiction topics. Subscribe to one, a few or all of the free e-mail advisories, and change your preferences at any time.
- Attend selected Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh events at a 20% discount.
- Enjoy a 20% discount at area Crazy Mocha Cafés, including Main Library.
- Purchase Carnegie Library and Remember Pittsburgh products and photographs and used books at a 20% discount.
- Be listed in and receive the New Chapter newsletter featuring Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh events and happenings.
- Log onto the exclusive Donor Plus Web page of the Carnegie Library Web site for advance news on arriving books, library events, children's programs and book recommendations.
- Receive advance notice of your Donor Plus Card expiration.
Your Donor Plus Card donation is tax deductible. You will receive both a wallet-sized card and a keychain-sized card. Your card is renewable every year. Individual and family accounts are available.
Please provide current photo identification with proof of address at the time you submit your application. Children are encouraged to have their own library cards, but the signature of a parent or guardian is required for children 17 years of age and younger.
With either the Classic Library card or the Donor Plus card, you can:
- Borrow books, DVDs, CDs and other library materials from any of Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh's 19 locations and any member library of the Allegheny County Library Association.
- Return library materials to any Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh or Allegheny County public library location.
- Search online databases and downloadable media from your home, office or school.
- Check your library account online from home or office.
- Reserve library materials and have them delivered to a library near you.
- Access the Internet at any library location.
- Renew library materials on the phone or online.
- Access unique collections including rare and historic books and photographs.
- Call or email one of our friendly librarians for answers to your questions.