Pittsburg: A City Ashamed:
Christopher L. Magee Memorial
- Caption: Magee Memorial, Schenley Park, Pittsburg, Pa.
- Notes: The Memorial quotes from William Shakespeare's
The Merchant of Venice, IV. i. 189-191:
The quality of mercy is not strained,
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath
- Visible at left are grandstands of Forbes Field.
- Visible at right is Schenley Hotel.
- Visible directly behind Memorial is St. Pierre's Ravine, since filled in.
- Memorial faces main entrance to Carnegie Library of Pittsbugh.
- Postcard. Reverse: "Fort Pitt Publishing Co., Pittsburg, Pa. Made in
U. S. A."
- Damage is on original.
- Postcard courtesy Barry Chad.
Return to Pittsburg: A City