The Point: Seal of the City of Pittsburgh, 1950
No. 331, An Ordinance Amending Ordinance No. 527, entitled, "An Ordinance confirming and establishing the design of the Great Seal and lesser seals of the City of Pittsburgh", approved December 24, 1925.
The Council of the City of Pittsburgh hereby enacts as follows:
Section 1. That Section 1 of Ordinance No. 527, entitled, "An Ordinance confirming and establishing the design of the Great Seal and lesser seals of the city of Pittsburgh", approved December 24, 1925, shall be amended to read as follows:--
"Section 1. That the Great Seal of the City of Pittsburgh and the lesser seals of the same have been and are of the following design, to wit:
The Great Seal--A circle bearing in its center the arms and crest of the City and upon its periphery a belt or band of Roman capital letters forming the legend 'The Seal of the City of Pittsburgh, 1816, Benigno Numine'.
Lesser Seals--The Great Seal of the City of Pittsburgh with this addition: On an arc of a circle having the same center as, but shorter radius than, the aforesaid legend, and placed directly below the City Arms, the proper designation of the sealing office, as 'Office of the Mayor', 'Office of the City Clerk' or the like, said designation to be in Roman capital letters, smaller than, but of like face to those used in the peripheral legend."
Section 2. That any Ordinance or part of Ordinance,
conflicting with the provisions of this Ordinance, be and the same is
hereby repealed so far as the same affects this Ordinance.
Ordained and enacted into a law in Council, this 3rd day of July, A.D. 1950. Thomas E. Kilgallen, President of Council. Attest: George Boxheimer, Clerk of Council. Mayor's Office July 7, 1950, Approved Howard B. Stewart, Deputy Mayor. Attest: James J. Collman, Mayor's Secretary. Recorded in Ordinance Book, Vol 56 Page 632, 7th day of July, 1950.
Pittsburgh, November 18, 1958. I do hereby certify that the foregoing is a true and correct copy of Ordinance No. 331, Series 1950, as the same appears of record in the office of the City Clerk. [Signed] George Boxheimer, City Clerk.