CAPTION: The Point, 1896. Meeting at The Point were, left, the covered Union Bridge (replaced in 1915 by the Manchester Bridge) and the suspension Point Bridge (built in 1876, removed in 1927). Near the bridge junction, on the Allegheny bank, were buildings of the Pittsburgh Exposition. The last Exposition was in 1918. NOTES: A closeup of The Point from this photograph. PHOTOGRAPHER: DATE: 1896. HEADING: Pittsburgh. Views.; Pittsburgh. Rivers. #: A120; 7040. From the Collections of the Pennsylvania Department, The Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh.