The CLP-Carrick, located on the south end of Pittsburgh, first opened in 1930 at 1732 Brownsville Road in what had been a nikelodeon theatre. The library moved across the street to our new facility at 1811 Brownsville Road in February of 1993. The CLP-Carrick serves the city of Pittsburgh with emphasis on the neighborhoods of Carrick, Overbrook, and Bon Air, as well as suburban neighborhoods such as Brentwood and Baldwin. Funding for the new library facility was acquired through the efforts of surrounding community, city, county, and state officials.
The Friends of Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh - Carrick is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization which supports the library through a variety of activities. The Friends provide special items, books and electronic equipment for the library above and beyond that provided through the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh budget. They also sponsor volunteer activities, raise funds for CLP-Carrick, advocate for the library with local community groups and officials, run an ongoing booksale and promote library use and programs. If you are interested in joining our Friends group, please contact CLP-Carrick at 412-882-3897.