Photo Gallery at Main
Submission Guidelines | Policies
The Photo Gallery at Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh, Main, accepts proposals from amateur and professional photographers in Allegheny County who would like to display their work in the Library. If selected, your work will be displayed for a one-month period on the First Floor of the Main Library. For more information or to receive a proposal application, call 412-622-3119 or email email@example.com.
- Submissions must be limited to photographic artwork.
- Submit a Statement of Intent and a portfolio of work to be considered.
- Artwork should not exceed four feet in width and/or height.
- All artwork submitted must be matted and able to be hung on a track system.
- Art exhibited must fall within the standards as set forth by 18 PA. Cons. Stat. Sec. 5903 [The jury will have the right to determine the appropriateness of artwork for the purpose of display in the library and will reserve the right to ask for the removal of specific items it deems inappropriate.]
- Applications will be taken no more than one year in advance.
- The jury will have sole discretion to select exhibits. The jury process may take up to one month.
- Exhibits will be posted for one month. The exhibition term will start on the first of the month and end on the last day of the same month.
- Artists will deliver their art on the first day of the month and pick it up on the last day of the month of the exhibit.
- Artists will work with Library staff to hang their artworks.
- Artists will turn in an inventory of artwork which will be verified by a staff member and signed by both parties.
- The Library will not provide storage space prior to or following the exhibit.
- The Library will not sell or list prices for the works displayed.
- The Library will post an artist's statement, biographical information, contact information, and pertinent information about the artwork as agreed upon by the Library and the artist.
- The Library is not responsible for damage/theft of artwork. Artists display work at their own risk and should have their own insurance coverage.
- While every effort will be made to adhere to the schedule as established, the Library reserves the right to adjust the schedule as necessary.
Return to the top
Return to New & Featured home