BLAST Early Learning Parent Spotlight:
- Use stuffed animals or dolls to act out things your family likes to do together.
- Help your child make a leaf rubbing. Place a leaf upside down under a piece of paper and rub different colored crayons over the top of the paper.
- Encourage your child to make a collage with glue and paper, gluing leaves, twigs, acorns and other things you can find outside during fall.
- Create a prop box for dress up and pretend play. Fill it with old shoes, clothes, purses, jewelry, etc.
- Finger paint with your child.
- Make doodles on sheets of paper. Encourage your child to make pictures from them, then draw their own doodles and make them into pictures.
- Provide paper, staplers, stickers, streamers, and markers to make birthday hats.
- Have your child design a card or gift for someone special. Provide markers, paper, crayons, scissors, etc.
- Use food coloring to tint water in an ice tray and freeze. Give the child one cube to move around on paper while it melts and makes a design.
- Listen to different kinds of music and talk about how they sound and how they make you feel. "This is really fast. It makes me want to jump."
- Draw together on different types of paper, like newspaper, wrapping paper, sand paper, or foil.
- Encourage your child to paint with different objects from nature such as sticks, leaves, or rocks.