Industrial Home for Crippled Children
- Established - 1902
- Closed - ?
- 1st site - Margaretta and Beatty Streets (old William Thaw estate)
- 2nd site - 1426 Denniston Avenue (Squirrel Hill) (1907)
- Also Known As:
- Memorial Home for Crippled Children (1902)
- Home for Crippled Children (1958)
- Rehabilitation Institute of Pittsburgh (1981)
- The Children's Institute
- Mary Irwin Laughlin Houghton (Mrs. Frederick O.)
- Sponsoring Agency:
- Founded in memory of Mrs. Houghton's parents, Mr. and Mrs. Irwin B.
- Moved to the Denniston site and changed name to Industrial Home for
Crippled Children in 1907.
- Some of the children attended the Colfax School.
- Location of Records:
- The Children's Institute, 1405 Shady Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15217-1350; 412-420-2400.
- PA Department Vertical Files (Hospitals)
- Directory of Institutions in Pennsylvania, 1916 **(r361 P3993)**
- 1933 Directory of Social Agencies
- 1943 Directory of Social Resources
- 1968 Directory of Health and Welfare Services
- Annual Report (1951) of the Industrial Home for Crippled Children