J. M. Gusky Hebrew Orphanage and Home
of Western Pennsylvania
- Established - 1891
- Closed - 1943-1947?
- 1st site - 3605 Perrysville Avenue
- Also Known As:
Jewish Family and Children's Service
- Mrs. Esther Gusky in memory of her husband, Jacob M.
- Sponsoring Agency:
- Federation of Jewish Philanthropies of Pittsburg
- Location of Records:
- Orphanage and adoption records no longer available.
- PA Department Vertical Files (Orphanages)
- Pittsburgh Photographic Library (Allegheny - 1)
- 1895 Greater Pittsburg Handbook **(r917.4886 K17)**
- Directory of Institutions in Pennsylvania, 1916 **(r361 P3993)**
- 1933 Directory of Service Agencies
- 1943 Directory of Social Resources