Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh locations will be closed Memorial Day, Monday, 5/27.
Queen Esther Home for Children
- Established - 1917
- Closed - 1953-1956
- 1st site - Maple Avenue (Dravosburg)
- 2nd site - Union and Orchard Avenues (Avalon) (1947?)
- Also Known As:
- Sponsoring Agency:
- Dames of Malta
- First site was razed when the Mansfield Bridge across the Monongahela
River was constructed.
- Location of Records:
- 1933 Directory of Social Agencies
- 1943 Directory of Social Resources
- 1953 Community Services Directory